Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Random problems, moon roof, door locks, tail lights

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  srxj95 
#1 ·
Trying to fix several smaller annoying issues with my jeep before spring rolls around. I've simply ignored them up until now but im ordering parts while i have the cash so i wanna get it all squared away. So here we go, 97 jeep grand cherokee 4.0 TSI

Door locks: only the driver front and rear hatch door worked with stock keyless entry remote. Now have a viper keyless remote start with alarm and still only those two doors work.

Moon roof: works intermintinely, will crack open and go back to normal but when trying to open completely it will rarely work after several minutes of pushing the switch back and forth. think it just needs a new switch but having trouble locating one anywhere besides dealer which is never good for cash flow. Anywhere i can find one?

Rear tail lights: CPU below the dash is saying they are inop yet they work perfectly fine??

Headlights: When the new alarm went in the auto lights flash on and off when turned on. Thinking it might just be wired wrong but not a clue?

Any help with these would be great thanks! already fixing a bunch of other little stuff this weekend or next

See less See more
#2 ·
my buddys TSI has the same tail light issue, its odd he just lives with it. His moon roof also works when it wants too so he just dosent use it haha, i guess its a switch as well, and we were just gonna wire our own but never have. Do the locks work with the lock/unlock switch on the door of the truck?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.