Rancho RSX shocks. Yes or no. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rancho RSX shocks. Yes or no.

UCF Black Friday SaleLOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, YuRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 11-06-2007, 08:37 AM   #1
nitrox28

Rancho RSX shocks. Yes or no.

I can get a pretty good deal on a set of 4 Rancho RSX shocks. Out the door for $190. Are they as good as the salesguy say they are? I really want some Procomps but no one in town carries them and I don't wanna wait for them to ship. Get the Ranchos or no?

-1998 Green Laredo 4.0, Rusty's 2" BB, Skyjacker 3" softride w/SS, Nitro shocks, ARB Bullbar, KC's, 180 degree t-stat, Flowmaster 40 series, no cat, no rear swaybar, 31x10.50xSwamper SSR's, Eagle rims, K&N filter, Alpine system, bunch of other crap.
nitrox28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2007, 10:58 AM   #2
BucYouUp68
2013 JK Wrangler 

No on the Ranchos, No on the Pro Comps. Get Black Diamonds, you wont regret it. I had the RSX and they sucked.
http://www.4wheelerssupply.com/catal...oducts_id/1726

Not hard, if you have a socket wrench and the mental capacity of a ham sandwich.
BucYouUp68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2007, 11:28 AM   #3
ajmorell

I agree no on the Ranchos. If you are referring to the ProComp MX6's, they are good but pretty much all the other ProComps are sub-par. There are a number of vendors on here that you could get them from.
ajmorell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2007, 04:12 PM   #4
-Joe-
1995 ZJ 

Summit racing can get them here in about 2 days.

Wow.. someone else from lex posting on here.

Summit is where i got the pro comps i have installed. I believe i liked the ride of the Es1000s over the 9000's though. The adjustables were out of my price range.

'95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo I6 4.0L
242TC - Extreme Engineering 2" Front Lift/1.75" Rear Lift - ES9000 Shocks + JKS BPEs
Moog Cargo Control Springs
Magnaflow Converter - Dynomax Muffler
235/75/15 AT Uniroyal Liberator Tires
-Joe- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2007, 04:58 PM   #5
nitrox28

I just got the RS5000 Ranchos. I'll be lifting my Jeep in the near future anyhow.

-1998 Green Laredo 4.0, Rusty's 2" BB, Skyjacker 3" softride w/SS, Nitro shocks, ARB Bullbar, KC's, 180 degree t-stat, Flowmaster 40 series, no cat, no rear swaybar, 31x10.50xSwamper SSR's, Eagle rims, K&N filter, Alpine system, bunch of other crap.
nitrox28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2007, 05:42 PM   #6
BucYouUp68
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrox28
I just got the RS5000 Ranchos. I'll be lifting my Jeep in the near future anyhow.
You will be getting rid of those shocks, sorry to say.

Not hard, if you have a socket wrench and the mental capacity of a ham sandwich.
BucYouUp68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.