Rain water on ZJ driver's floorboard - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rain water on ZJ driver's floorboard

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 01-16-2010, 10:03 AM   #1
TX98ZJ
1998 ZJ 

Rain water on ZJ driver's floorboard

After about 2 inches of rain yesterday, my drivers floorboard is soaked. I have seen several posts about the condensate leak, but that is not the problem. Does anyone know if there is a common cause or do I need to get a buddy with a water hose and start searching?

TX98ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2010, 10:09 AM   #2
newfieZJ
1995 ZJ 

Door seal maybe ? Look at the forward side by the hinges .
newfieZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2010, 11:34 AM   #3
lar4305
1997 ZJ 

I had the same thing, It was coming in from the drivers side hinges. Pull off the kick panel, and you will maybe see the water stains leaking from the spot were it bolts on to the body. There is also a clear plastic vapor seal that covers the access to the hinges. Pull back the rug there to. Look for the trail. Good luck.
Unread 01-16-2010, 11:53 AM   #4
ZJJay

1996 ZJ 

I've heard that sometimes the roof rack rails can leak. However, I'd expect the headliner would get wet. Luckily my roof rack is water tight.
'96 ZJ, 4.0L, 42RE, NP242, stock D30 and D35-LS w/ 3.73, 4-1/2" lift, 32" BFG ATs, Magnaflow, JKS track bars and disconnects, spare tire carrier, Optima red top, ROLA roof rack, KC SlimLite driving lights, CB and Yaesu ham radios, GPS
ZJJay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2010, 12:29 PM   #5
TX98ZJ
1998 ZJ 

Door seal is ok. I also checked the drains on the sunroof, they are open. I will pull that kick panel and look at the hinges. I looked at the firewall and there are no signs of water, also the carpet is wet only on the floorboard, not up higher near the fire wall. Maybe points to the hinges.

I haven't had any water on the headliner, so I agree it probably isn't the roof rack, but you never know. I will do a quick check there too.

It happened once before about a year ago and had not happened since. I hate intermittent problems.

Thanks for the ideas.
TX98ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2010, 03:00 PM   #6
RobinsonFam1
1998 ZJ 

crawl underneath and see if there are any holes or plugs not sealed too. that was 1 of my leaks but have since popped another one....ugh..
RobinsonFam1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.