Radio sound quality - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Radio sound quality

Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....Rugged Ridge Modular XHD Snorkel Now for both 3.8L and 3.6RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 09-22-2009, 12:41 AM   #1
aintnothang
1999 WJ 

Radio sound quality

The sound from my radio(I have all stock infinity gold) sounds terrible. But cd's and my mp3 hooked up through tape deck sound good. I know the radio isn't the best quality, and cd's and mp3 should sound much better, but radio is way below par.

aintnothang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2009, 12:59 AM   #2
jeepheller98
1998 ZJ 

how is the connection of the antenna wire?.. in the fender? on the back of head unit?
Unread 09-22-2009, 03:07 AM   #3
aintnothang
1999 WJ 

Time to go check
Unread 09-22-2009, 05:27 AM   #4
comptiger5000
1998 ZJ 

I'd definitely check the antenna connectors. And IME, the Infinity Gold setup is "eh" at normal volume, but if you turn it up a little bit, it gets better.
comptiger5000 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2009, 10:52 AM   #5
Rmart30

I bought a GC for hunting that came with a nice aftermarket radio.
Since this was something I was going to be parking on the side of the road to walk in our hunting lease I decided to replace it with a stock radio to reduce the temptation of someone knocking out my window to steal a flashy radio.
The sound quality was very different between the 2 radios and the aftermarket one had a lot better reception than the stocker.
Rmart30 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2009, 11:12 AM   #6
CanadianZed-J
1999 WJ 

Are you listening to AM?

LC.

-'99 WJ Limited, 4.7, Patriot Blue, 2" BB, 31" Mall-Terrains, Pavement Princess
-'97 TJ, Stone White, 4" Superlift, 33" SSRs, lunchboxed rear, 12K Titan winch, and 2.5 litres of exhillirating performance.
CanadianZed-J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2009, 03:24 PM   #7
aintnothang
1999 WJ 

Fm all day, I turn it up it sounds worse. My antenna is a little loose so That could be it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.