Radio replacement with infinity gold amplifier - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Radio replacement with infinity gold amplifier

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank SkidTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 12-21-2011, 02:49 PM   #16
HighLonesome
Belief In All Things Jeep

1995 ZJ 

You likely have never taken the head unit apart. I used to repair this stuff for a living. If you want to call low pay and no benefits a living. The head unit is built like a brick ****house. The heat sinks in the power amp section are at least twice the size of aftermarket stuff. These units last over a decade.

HighLonesome is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-2011, 03:08 PM   #17
somebody5788
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLonesome View Post
You likely have never taken the head unit apart. I used to repair this stuff for a living. If you want to call low pay and no benefits a living. The head unit is built like a brick ****house. The heat sinks in the power amp section are at least twice the size of aftermarket stuff. These units last over a decade.
I hope you see the irony in your post. I mean your saying they last forever but you used to repair them
Unread 12-21-2011, 03:14 PM   #18
HighLonesome

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebody5788 View Post
I hope you see the irony in your post. I mean your saying they last forever but you used to repair them
I quit doing that line of work long before Jeep and Infinity. But I've seen enough aftermarket junk to know WTF.
Unread 12-21-2011, 03:17 PM   #19
somebody5788
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLonesome View Post
I quit doing that line of work long before Jeep and Infinity. But I've seen enough aftermarket junk to know WTF.
Well in my other ZJ the unit used to overheat and start cutting out if I had the heater on.
Unread 12-21-2011, 03:33 PM   #20
HighLonesome

1995 ZJ 

How old was it?
Unread 12-24-2011, 07:09 AM   #21
congerz83
1996 ZJ 

I'm having a huge problem with my sisters 5.9... I installed this head http://www.crutchfield.com/p_158GT56...FFBrand%7cSony, bought it from crutchfield, plugged in the two harness' that came with the kit wired everything up, but all I get out of the two (door and tweeter) speakers on the driver-side front is white noise. Not remembering if the front driver-side speakers ever worked at all, I plugged in the stock radio to find the same problem. Reading this thread has shed a little light on what questions to ask to get this much needed help.

1) What could be causing this problem? Could both tweeter and door speaker blow out at once? Or is there a bad connection between the radio and the speaker that renders both speakers useless.

2) Do I/can I bypass the original amplifier? If so, how hard is this to do?

3) Does the radio in the link have a suitable "pre-amp"? If I bypass/remove the stock amp, will I lose volume?

I've checked everything aside from ripping the door panel off. After crashing her 5.9 last week and getting it repaired, the stereo is a christmas present to her and I'd love to be able to give it to her tonight. Any help is greatly appreciated.
congerz83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2011, 09:02 AM   #22
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

If the radio has a pre amp then it would sound better to use that. White noise is usually a bad ground or wires interfering with one another. Those tweeters are so tinny I took them out and I like that better. I am just rolling with 4 jbls in my doors without the sound bar and it sounds better than with all of the infinity speakers working. Good luck.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 10:40 PM   #23
rockride
1995 ZJ 

Anyone know what level the Infinity gold amp needs?

I am wondering if the infinity gold amp takes line level inputs from the head unit, or does it take an amplified signal?
rockride is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2014, 02:22 AM   #24
drd26

2 ohms speaker??

Can i put a 4ohm speakers beucause the originals one burned away
drd26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2014, 02:40 AM   #25
kg6mov
Hears the voices

1996 ZJ 

Yes.

"Whats wrong with a PT Cruiser?"
"Coulda had a V8!"

96 build thread

Niner build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas ZJ1 View Post
I heard someone yell "mall crawler" from the back porch. I'll go see who said that. Be right back.
kg6mov is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2014, 08:48 AM   #26
rockride
1995 ZJ 

You can use 4ohm speaker, it will just require more power(2x) to attain the same volume as with 2ohm.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
rockride is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
infinity , radio , replace

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.