Radio problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Radio problem

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, Skids

Unread 09-30-2003, 04:26 PM   #1
WhiskeyThrottle

Radio problem

The FM and most of the buttons have stopped working. It is in a 96 GC with the factory CD/Tape player. Does anyone know why this is and could it be a warranty item (300 more miles until warranty runs out) Has anyone else had this problem and what have you done or suggest to do??

Thanks,
Dave

[I]"when the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power."[/I]-Alston Chase
WhiskeyThrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2003, 05:41 PM   #2
RockPaws

By all means take it to the dealer before the warrenty runs out. Better if their paying for it.
Do you have the extended warrenty? It may be cost effective to just buy a new one.
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]01' Jeep TJ (Jeep #5)
3.5 RE Custom SuperFlex, Raingler, Kilby, Currie, Banks, Borla, American Racing, Custom mods, Always more in the works.
[URL=http://www.redrock4x4.com][COLOR=Blue]www.redrock4x4.com Rocks![/COLOR][/URL]
[URL=www.needhim.org/][COLOR=Blue]Need Him?[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT]
RockPaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2003, 09:10 AM   #3
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

My Radio has just been AM capable for the last three months.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2003, 08:57 AM   #4
toddvin

Ive got a 94 with the factory radio/cd player and it works great but I only get digital display about half the time.......I am under the impression the the factory radio (on just about all vehicles) is a POS....I'll wait till it dies and install a good one...they are so cheap these days!
toddvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-03-2003, 10:08 AM   #5
whitevette

Mine was the cd player/cassette and it started dying around 74k. Replaced it with aftermarket a few days later.
'77 Corvette L-48
'74 Land Cruiser FJ40
whitevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2003, 08:51 PM   #6
SkiJim

I have a 95 GC Laredo with the Infinity audio option and CD player. The display does not work at all and the buttons sometimes flake out, but it sounds great.
SkiJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2003, 09:42 PM   #7
Centennial

Radio Repairs

These problems are not fatal. At the risk of getting scolded i'll post a link to my Ebay auction for these repairs. My Ebay ID is Firehouse16 and the link is:
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...id=firehouse16

Displays, Buttons, FM on CD/Cassette or AM and FM on CD models are not that uncommon for these radios. To totally honest... If you have a AM/Fm/Cassette unit, It's cheaper to replace with a used one on Ebay for $20-30 than to repair it.

The one thing I have been unable to get a supply line on is those litle fader balls that are always falling off.

Centennial
Centennial is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.