radiator install question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > radiator install question

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 09-04-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
tylersjeep
1994 ZJ 

radiator install question

I just bought a radiator from auto zone cause the one I put in from the junkyard is leaking, I notices there's pegs on the bottom of the new radiator and there where no pegs on the old radiator. now before I install this I need to know if there are pegs holes for the radiator or do I need to return this. oh its on a 1994 grand cherokee 5.2.

tylersjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 06:45 PM   #2
LouC
2007 WK 

There are supposed to be pegs...
LouC is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #3
AVR2
1993 ZJ 

Yes, there should be two dowels on the bottom of the rad which fit into two holes in the crossmember underneath. Actually they fit through mounting holes in the brackets on the bottom of the AC condenser and then go into the crossmember. Maybe the old ones broke off and are still in the holes?

You also want to make sure that the rubber grommets for the holes are still there. If they aren't the rad won't be fully secure and can rattle. The radiator grommets cost a fortune from the dealer but I got a pair for about $20 on eBay (no JYs around here for me to check).
AVR2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.