Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Radiator

1K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  anticrombie 
#1 ·
I'm about to buy a new radiator from www.radiatorexpress.com. Any one have any experience with them? Also, the 3 row version has the third row for what? Thanks

#2 ·
3rd row for more fluid and heavier duty cooling. :thumbsup:

I've heard good and bad about them. More good than bad, the bad were because of modifications to the vehicles that did not allow the stock style radiators to work. They wouldn't take the old ones back in exchange for the right ones.

#4 ·
Many folks that get new radiators get a 3 row. It will help keep the GC cool! :thumbsup:

Did I mention I hate the 60 sec rule? :brickwall

#9 ·
I hear ya. The tow hooks I got from Phil arrived at 8:30 pm from UPS. I didn't know they delivered that late. Crazy huh?

#10 ·
One thing I found out about the 4.0 is the cooler the engine, the less gas milage you're going to get. I'm from the old days when you did all you could do to keep an engine from running hot. One way of doing this is by changing the thermostat. The last Cherokee (93 Cherokee Country) I changed the thermostat from the OEM to a 180 degree job. It went from an average of 23-24 miles per gallon to 17-18 miles per gallon. In the heat of the summer you might go to a cooler thermostat but don't expect good gas milage if you. My 2 cents.

#11 ·
I run a 195, and I ran a 210 in my 89 XJ because with the A/C on it ran cold because the electric fan was always running and it hardly ever got to 195.

#12 ·
Airmanwoody said:
I hear ya. The tow hooks I got from Phil arrived at 8:30 pm from UPS. I didn't know they delivered that late. Crazy huh?
Wow, neither did I! Well like 3.374 minutes after I put up that reply, it arrived. Nice lookin radiator too. Just got home from my buddy's after only 1.5 hours of work time to do the swap. Oh yea, the haynes manual is HORRIBLE if you're changing your radiator by the way. It took about and hour and 15 minutes to take out the old one, and about 15 minutes to put in the new one and fill her up. There's gotta be a better way to drain the radiator besides just takin of the bottom hose, right?

Now onto the tranny fluid leak, yummy. My FAVORITE smell!

#18 ·
Man goes out on a date, real gear head kind of guy.

woman wants to impress him, smears on his FAVORITE stinkum,
goes out to meet him.

he says is that 80W 90 i smell mmmmm :laugh:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.