Rad drain plug fell out...new one doesn't thread? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Rad drain plug fell out...new one doesn't thread?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 11-12-2013, 07:57 PM   #16
Scopez
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralman
Those little door switches are pretty steep and pretty flimsy when you look at them. I snag them when I feel like it at the yard but they are tricky to get off without breaking.
Any tips you can give me? Ima go pull every single one I see next time I go to the yard.

Unread 11-12-2013, 10:50 PM   #17
coralman
I can wish can't I?

1998 ZJ 

Its hard to get your hand up in there but it helps to get the lock actuator out of the way, or at least loose from the door. They snap on the back of the cylinder and pull straight off if memory serves. Getting the harness loose from the window channel mount is a pain too cause its held by one of those plastic push in clips.Sorry for the hijack.

door-lock-switch.jpg door-lock-switch2.jpg
Unread 11-13-2013, 04:41 PM   #18
SuperDave94
2011 JK Wrangler 

Uniblurb, you are right about the amazon thing. I went to the dealership, but it was mopar wholesale that I ended up using. I just forgot about the amazon link when I was ordering. That would have been the better deal due to the S/H costs.
SuperDave94 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2013, 01:28 AM   #19
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

Yeah SuperDave, at least you'll know next time and I buy about half my Jeep parts through Amazon since I have a prime account with fast free 2-day shipping. Only a few months ago did I realize they sell so many Mopar OE parts. Usually through a 3rd party where shipping takes a little longer but seems like the vendors lower their prices some to be able to do more business through Amazon. So every time I need a Mopar part I'll enter the part number in my Amazon search to see if they carry it. Not always the lowest price and I'll still shop around.

BTW, I shop almost totally online for everything. I use Firefox as a browser since Internet Explorer is just too slow with too many ads. Suggest downloading adblockplus if you don't want to see any unwanted ads and it works with FF, IE, Chrome, Android & Opera. The link below is for FF but you can click on the other browsers on the right to open/download it or it might just open to the browser you're using.

https://adblockplus.org/en/firefox

And about everything I buy online I comparison shop. PriceBlink.com is a great download where when you bring up an item it will list other lower prices in a narrow box at the top of your page. Then you can also compare prices elsewhere. Only problem is that shipping costs are often not taken into account and it doesn't show all online websites. But I use it a lot for Jeep parts, electronics, tools, etc, and have found some real good deals. If you don't want to see it you can just click the "x" at the right top of the page/box or temporarily disable it through tools. It works with Firefox, Chrome, Safari & iPad but not IE. While the below link shows mainly regular stores it does work for Jeep/auto parts.

http://www.priceblink.com/

Sorry for going off topic but just thought I'd pass this along.

Hope your rad plug fixes your problem Dave and let us know..

-Stalling ZJ? 12 things to check before replacing a sensor; the Dirty Dozen
-Crankshaft position sensor multimeter test. & video of testing.
Uniblurb is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-14-2013, 03:34 PM   #20
SuperDave94
2011 JK Wrangler 

Will do and thanks a lot for the help and advice. I'm still waiting for the part to ship now. I didn't have my VIN when I placed the order so that may be why it's taking so long? Idk. I like my Jeep, but I've got plenty of work to do to keep it together. I kind of bought it as an experiment and I've liked it more than I expected.
Unread 11-19-2013, 01:24 PM   #21
SuperDave94
2011 JK Wrangler 

Got my new parts in...they didn't fit of course. I did, however, get a better look at the hole in the Rad while I was under there. So I did a little more research and found a picture of one that looked the part. So, back to Napa I went. They "didn't have one" naturally. So I decided to proceed to the "Help" section in search of something the right size to plug the hole and jerry rig something. And then...(drum roll)... there it was. The elusive perfect part. I bought it and it fit. Filled the Rad and burped the system. No leaks so far. Turns out what I needed was the one listed for the V8 94-98 Grand Cherokee. Dorman #4644269. So I guess that's it. Thanks for the help guys.
Unread 11-19-2013, 02:21 PM   #22
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

Glad you finally found the correct plug and don't have any leaks!

Hope you can ship back the wrong ones they sent you and get a credit on your card. Of course they most likely won't refund the shipping and the USPS in a padded envelope is about the cheapest shipping method to use for small item returns. Good luck.

-Stalling ZJ? 12 things to check before replacing a sensor; the Dirty Dozen
-Crankshaft position sensor multimeter test. & video of testing.
Uniblurb is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
coolant , drain , leak

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.