quick question, interior lighting - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > quick question, interior lighting

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 08-12-2008, 08:57 PM   #1
W04J

quick question, interior lighting

hello everyone i have a quick question,
'

i have a 04 grand, Lerado well im trying to figure out it that when i open my rear lift gate the whole door not just the glass, should my interior light come one?
thanks for the help

W04J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-12-2008, 11:47 PM   #2
SJZ
Victim of Hope & Change

1998 ZJ 

Location: . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . A shining city upon a hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by W04J View Post
hello everyone i have a quick question,
'

i have a 04 grand, Lerado well im trying to figure out it that when i open my rear lift gate the whole door not just the glass, should my interior light come one?
thanks for the help
Yes, they should come on. If not, try pressing the lens of the rear lamp in the cargo area. It contains a switch which will disable the interior lights in case you want to leave the hatch open for any length of time.
If the overhead lights don't come on, even with the side doors open, make sure the switch on the stalk on the steering column is in not in the disable position.
Go here to download a owner's manual from Jeep if you don't have one:
http://www.jeep.com/en/owners/manuals/index.html
Your question is covered on page 118.
'98 ZJ Laredo 5.2 Selec-Trac (249 to 242 swap)
'05 KJ Limited 3.7 Selec-Trac
'94 ZJ Limited 5.2 Q-Trac- sold, after 17 years
'67 International Harvester Scout 800; 345ci V8,T18 4spd, Dana 20 TC
'06 Chrysler 300C SRT8 6.1L
SJZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2008, 08:55 PM   #3
W04J

great thanks for the help. I am half stupid most of the time. thanks again
W04J is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2008, 09:50 PM   #4
SP04SE

Maybe one of you guys can lead me to my issue. My hatch light wont come on no matter what. Neither will my rear seat reading lights. The fronts come on but fairly dim. It's not the stalk disable switch either. And I'm not having batt. problems that I'm aware of. Any thoughts here?
SP04SE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.