Question on tech service bulletins?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Question on tech service bulletins??

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 06-03-2003, 07:17 AM   #1
BostonBull
2004 WJ 

Question on tech service bulletins??

Will the dealer replce what is wrong with my GCL if it has a Tech service bulletin on it for free?? I ma taking delivery of one today a 99 and just wanted to clear this up. Any comments on the 99 as far as reliability??

[SIZE=3][FONT=franklin gothic medium][COLOR=red][B] 81[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
BostonBull is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-03-2003, 10:26 AM   #2
lbrty9
1999 WJ 

Tech bulletins do not equal warranty repairs, they just mean that the same problem has happened enough times that DC has developed a specific repair procedure.

If you're taking delivery, get an extended warranty. The stuff gets fixed for free only if you have the warranty.

Greg
99 GC, 4.7, 6" Clayton's LA, 315/75/R16's, FIPK, 3 inch Kolak exhaust, VIAIR 450 OBA, front ARB with Warn HS9500, Kevin's Sliderz, full skids, SURCO, Hi-Lift, Xenon's with Kolak harness, more to follow.
lbrty9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2003, 10:40 AM   #3
bsowa

I had my dealership tell me yesterday that 2 seperate TSBs were not covered under the extended warrantly I bought through chrysler with my used 2000 GC ltd. Are only certain TSBs covered under warranty??

Thanks
bsowa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2003, 11:23 AM   #4
bsowa

Anyone know the answer to the above question?
bsowa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-05-2003, 08:39 PM   #5
ZR7 Ken

A repair, whether there is a TSB or not, depends on the terms of your warranty (regular or extended). Some components are considered wear items (brakes, clutch, tune-up parts, etc.). They are generally not covered. Some warranties only cover major driveline parts, while others are "bumper-to-bumper".

Basically, it depends.

As was previously stated by lbrty9, a TSB is ONLY a recommendation for a repair to a problem. No warranty coverage is implied.

Recalls are always free to the customer, but TSBs are not the same thing. Sometimes, they are incorrectly thought of as the same thing.
ZR7 Ken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.