Question on Shock/bb combo... newb question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Question on Shock/bb combo... newb question

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 12-05-2008, 05:47 PM   #1
craig10114

Question on Shock/bb combo... newb question

Hey all, my apologies for the newb question, i have searched... havnt found what i was looking for.

I have a 2004 WJ 4.7, and ive started putting a together a modest lift. UC springs, ES9000 Shocks, 2in KOR bb, addco RSB, 265/65/17 REVO's.

My Question...

What should i expect out of this setup. Ride Quality? Off Road performance? Any advice, or do you think i should replace any of those components with anything else?

Thanks again all.

~Craig

oh and heres a pic of the jeep all stock.

craig10114 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2008, 06:40 PM   #2
lakailimited06
1999 WJ 

i would ditch the bb+coils and just go straight to 3" or 4" coils..i think you will regret it if you dont. alot of guys that run that setup end up popping their coils out when their front axle droops..it will also give it a somewhat smoother ride if you stick to just coils..

im running a stock rear swaybar with extended endlinks so i cant give my opinion for the addco..
with the 3" lift i would go with 31's (minor trimming) or 32's ( alittle more trimming needed)

i have RE monotube shocks and i love them..id definately recommend them..

this setup will give you a good daily driver/offroad combo..also adding JKS front swaybar disconnects will allow more up and down travel for the front when offroad..not a bad idea to look into those..you might also need a JKS adjustable trackbar but every jeep is different..

good luck
Unread 12-05-2008, 11:25 PM   #3
craig10114

thanks for the advice, definitely appreciated.. i see your from LI as well, with the offroading we have here... i.e robert moses, and exit 63 on the LIE... what are my chances of popping the coil out?
craig10114 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2008, 11:27 PM   #4
Haleyrz
1998 ZJ 

i agree with lakailimited
1996 ZJ Laredo, 5.2L V8, 3" Kolak exhaust, K&N FIPK, 4300K HID's, Sold

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/pr...27&ref=profile
Haleyrz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-06-2008, 01:04 PM   #5
lakailimited06
1999 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig10114 View Post
thanks for the advice, definitely appreciated.. i see your from LI as well, with the offroading we have here... i.e robert moses, and exit 63 on the LIE... what are my chances of popping the coil out?
uhh theres really no wheelin on long island...and you definately wont pop a coil out cruising on the beach...i just mean with the bb+uc coil, if your swaybar is disconnected and you're at like max downtravel, your coil will probably pop out..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.