826 views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Texas ZJ1 
#1 ·
I want to wash my jeep. Do you have suggestions for me? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hunter

#3 ·
Texas ZJ1 said:
I want to wash my jeep. Do you have suggestions for me? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hunter
Dude, that's seriously messed up. First of all, when I was his age, there wasn't much I knew about wrenching either. It wasn't until I made a few ASE friends that I learned what I was doing...and that's including changing my oil.
Secondly, half of the reason that forums like this exist are so that people that need advice, or are looking for a few tips on how to do something have a place to ask.
You making fun of Stan would be no different that me making fun of you if you couldn't diagram the acid/base buffering system of the human body. It may not be something that you are familiar with, I happen to know how it works. I'm not going to make fun of you if you're trying to figure out why your diabetic grandmother is fading into a coma...

Seriously, if you have nothing better to do than poke fun at somebody that's a little wet behind the ears when it comes to turning wrenches, AND who's willing to learn...and in my opinion coming to the right place- I'm sure there's another forum that will gladly accept your comments.

Bryan

#4 ·
LivesIn10sly said:
Seriously, if you have nothing better to do than poke fun at somebody that's a little wet behind the ears when it comes to turning wrenches, AND who's willing to learn...and in my opinion coming to the right place- I'm sure there's another forum that will gladly accept your comments.

Bryan
Ya that forum is pirate4x4.com, they love tearing apart the newbies

#5 ·
Well Hunter....I have to admit that I thought that was..............................................................just too freakin funny. I know you meant in good humor and wasn't trying to be mean to Stan. Forums don't have to be so intense like livesin10sly stated. You didn't become moderator by bashing people. On that note....hey Stan.....your Patriots still INHALE DEEPLY. :)

#6 ·
Bryan,

I appreciate you sticking up for Stan. However, if you had read the post about changing the oil and the wheels (sizes and varieties) there was one MOD, me, that kept on coming back with help and answers when the rest of you didn't.

CS knows that it was just a poke and nothing serious meant by it. You should have too.

Happy jeeping.

Hunter

#7 ·
Texas ZJ1 said:
Bryan,

I appreciate you sticking up for Stan. However, if you had read the post about changing the oil and the wheels (sizes and varieties) there was one MOD, me, that kept on coming back with help and answers when the rest of you didn't.

CS knows that it was just a poke and nothing serious meant by it. You should have too.

Happy jeeping.

Hunter
Let me start by saying that I'm not trying to cause friction on the boards. I have gone back and looked at the threads , and while your name does appear...take note that mine does, too.
I can appreciate a good joke, and I see your point of view as having meant your post as a joke between friends, but hopefully you understand how easily it can be misinterpreted as being harsh, especially if you don't label it as "Just kidding"...And if I were reading it in Stan's place, I would wonder why somebody's bashing me publicly when I'm just asking for help.

Bryan

#8 ·
Its called Skin..............................

Grow some........

This is the internet.. No need to take everything so seriously.. About 90% of what is said on here is bull anyway.... :D

Anyone who knows Hunter knows that he is very cool, I for one thought it was funny and I could tell it was a joke..

I am sure it was Meant in good fun.. Not to hurt anyones feelings .. We all start somewhere..
Noone was born a Mechanic or welder... I promise.....:rofl:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Carl

#9 ·
Stan knows we are kidding wit him! Right stan???? *elbows Stan* Right Stan??!?!? :rofl: . No hard feelings we love you, even though you wanted to put "20's" on your Jeep... I can relate when I bought my 94ZJ when I was 15 I knew nothing about anything... and I really still don't!!!! but I did learn some and learned ATON from right here at Jeepforum! Stick around Stan and you will be a master Jeep tech before you know it... well maybe not but you will learn a lot!!!

#10 ·
Texas ZJ1 said:
if you had read the post about changing the oil and the wheels (sizes and varieties) there was one MOD, me, that kept on coming back with help and answers when the rest of you didn't.
I usually check in daily and tried to offer very basic instructions in the oil change thread, but I missed the wheel thread entirely. I bet Stan knows he's taking a ribbing here, and he's learning a thing or two also.

#11 ·
I am a freshly minted new member in this forum and have no knowledge of previous threads, in-jokes or relationships amongst various members. In spite of my newbieness, reading Hunter's post with the rolling smilie faces telegraphed loud and clear that it was good-natured. Without the smilies, I would have interpreted it differently. Maybe we need a balloon smilie with the chemical symbol of "He" for helium inside to telegraph the need to lighten up bit! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

#13 ·
Wow,

open door, toss in grenade and see what happens.

Coolest, you've taken us back a long time to the place where we all started.

Glad your here to keep us young and fresh.

Hunter

#14 ·
ok ok everyone I know it was a joke
Thanks for all the help, and for sticking up for me as well
Thanks EVERYONE
everyone here is really really cool

#15 ·
okay,

shutup and change the oil! Did you find the filter yet? :D

Hunter

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.