question about suspension/lift - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 08-31-2005, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
2tone93zj
1993 ZJ 

question about suspension/lift

i have a 100% stock 93 grand cherokee with a 6, my suspension is saggy and i was looking into a kit i went with skyjackers base 3 inch lift which includes Front/Rear Coil Springs; Front/Rear Lower Links; Trac Bar Bracket.
the rear springs are a 2" GRAND CHEROKEE REAR CLS
and the fronts are 3"FRONT COILS JEEP. so the question is instead of buying the complete kit can i buy the 3inch front coils, and buy brand new front springs and put them in the rear to save cash?

ALL ADVICE HELPS!!!

thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 08-31-2005, 09:53 PM
93redzj
1993 ZJ 

yeah you could do a front to rear swap, take the springs from the front and put them in the rear. I think that useally nets you about 3-3.5" of lift. Of course you know you will need other things like shocks and control arms are recommended to be changed at anything over 3" of lift so you might be alright with the stock arms, there might be other things that need changing. check this link out it has a pretty good write up on the front to rear swap but instead of using a 3" spring for the front they use an upcountry spring with a spacer. http://www.4x4wire.com/jeep/tech/susp/frt_bck_swap/
hope this helps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.