question about paint color - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > question about paint color

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdGear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Unread 11-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #1
dirtdad
1996 ZJ 

question about paint color

I need to find a used fender to match my car. It is green, and I have found a couple of people parting out green cars. Mine is a '96. Was there more than 1 green thru the years?

Unread 11-11-2013, 03:12 PM   #2
WJ4x4LIFE

93'-95' ALL models

Hunter Green Metallic (Dark Green)

start at 96'-mid 97' ALL models

Moss Green Pearl Coat (Dark Green) not available in 98', I do not care what your VIN says!

Forest Green Pearl Coat (Medium Green)

Bright Jade Satin Glow (Bright Green)
WJ4x4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 04:13 PM   #3
Uniblurb
Web Wheeler

1996 ZJ 

Some good info WJ4x4LIFE!

Dirtdad, fill out the below Chrysler/Jeep forum, request a build sheet, and email it to them. Within a couple days you'll receive your build sheet with the exact color of the paint and everything your ZJ came with from the factory. My 96 4.0 Laredo is "PG8-Forest Green Pearl Coat" as an example.

http://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/j...ull&category=U

There should be an ID tag on your 96 and look right in front of your air box on the top body piece between the driver's side headlight housing and rad. The 2nd line, 2nd set of characters/digits is your primary paint color. When calling around for the same color parts/fender ask the seller to check this ID tag number for paint color match to see if it's the same as yours.

Now if you're in the rust/salt belt this ID tag may very well be rusted away or unreadable. But it seems like everything in CA lasts forever and good luck!

-Stalling ZJ? 12 things to check before replacing a sensor; the Dirty Dozen
-Crankshaft position sensor multimeter test. & video of testing.
Uniblurb is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.