Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Question about fog lights

508 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  tbick 
#1 ·
Proud to say I am a new owner of a 96' Grand Charokee, Got it for free w/ 160k miles on her. I am about 45% done rebuilding the drive train and noticed when i pulled off the front bumper to rip off the busted KC fog lights that there are free wire connectors with a cap on it. It looked OE and it sits right behind the front bumper reinforcement. I am wondering if this is factory wireing for fog lights. If i can I am just going to pick up a OE headlight switch off of ebay with a fog light button and wire some new fog lights up to it. Any have any idea what those connectors could be for? Ill take a picture on monday when i get back to work if ya'll are lost in my explination. This is my first jeep and I am in love with it.

#5 ·
rebuilt the entire rear end, front left axle shaft and brakes all around, just a guestimate. All I have left if the right front axel, front diff, transfer case (if i decide to, I have to find new linkage for the handle because the previous owner broke it off and threw it away) and the tranny.

#6 ·
You will also need a relay to get the lights to work. I put some on there and used the factory wiring. Junk Yard switch is cheaper and you can pick up the other side of the connection.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.