question about ARB bullbar - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > question about ARB bullbar

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-13-2003, 02:51 PM   #1
jboswish23

question about ARB bullbar

i want an ARB bull bar for my ZJ but if i ever happen to wreck, would my airbag still come out. anybody know anything about that

jboswish23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2003, 10:40 AM   #2
KillerZJ

if it crushes the bull bar in enough to activate the sensors, then it will, but i doubt it would if it didnt do anything, but who am i to know lol?

Wow no pictures in sig? F*cking gay.[/FONT]
KillerZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2003, 10:56 AM   #3
moabster
2011 WK 

I think the air bags still use an inertia switch to activate them. I don't think they depend on your vehicle getting smashed in from the front to activate them. If you stop fast enough (like in a crash) the air bag will still deploy.
Bullet Proof Front and Rear Bumpers and Tow bar
moabster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2003, 12:37 PM   #4
Howler

Acording to Arb yes they will still work fine.
http://www.arb.com.au/ARB_air%20bag_bull%20bars.htm
Also the air bags work on stopage not crush rate. The sensors will determin if the speed you are traveling at along with the direction of the impact wheather or not it should deploy the air bags. That is why in a rollover the bags will not deploy. Same with a side impact. If it is a frontal impact the it should still deplay.
Howler
Unread 02-15-2003, 03:46 PM   #5
jboswish23

bullbar

thanks guys for the help
jboswish23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.