quadrajunk-question - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 08-21-2003, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
obtuce duce

quadrajunk-question

Hello all,
I have a 98 GC limited (5.2 quadratrac). It seems like the t-case is binding some when making turns. I changed the fluid, and this did not help. I used dex III and a friction additive. (This is what the dealer said to use). Anybody?
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-21-2003, 08:20 PM
RockPaws

With the full time 4x4 drive quadratrac. You will feel what feels like binding. Its had to say what you are feeling. I have had 2 JGC with this system and they both felt the same. Best to take it in and have a technition drive it.

01' Jeep TJ (Jeep #5)
3.5 RE Custom SuperFlex, Raingler, Kilby, Currie, Banks, Borla, American Racing, Custom mods, Always more in the works.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 7 Old 08-21-2003, 09:17 PM
Stocker

Well, mine has not had that binding (yet!) and I don't think it is normal IMO, but I know some will disagree with me. If it binds up, slow speeds, tight turns, primarily when up to operating temperature, you may have the infamous failing viscous coupler in the 249 (AWD) transfer case. Try the search button and you should find several threads in addition to posts in this thread. Also take a look at JU and NAGCA.

Oh, and welcome to the forum! You're the second first-poster I've seen here today!

1995 5.2 ZJ Sold... but still in the family
Stocker
post #4 of 7 Old 08-23-2003, 09:55 PM
JEEPTECHNICIAN

viscous coupling time. They aint but about 900.00 bucks, thats all.
post #5 of 7 Old 09-02-2003, 12:23 PM
automan25

Better to replace the T-case with the 242. BTW, are you supposed to add friction additive to the 249 T-case? I don't recall the owners manual suggesting that you do that? I thought friction additives were for traditional posi-traction type devices, and not VCs.

1993 ZJ Limited 5.2 - no mods - Red with Gold (what were they thinking) trim.
post #6 of 7 Old 09-02-2003, 06:12 PM
JEEPTECHNICIAN

the 249 does not take anything but ATF. The only transfer case that takes anything special is the 247J.
post #7 of 7 Old 09-02-2003, 08:02 PM
Beerman

Sounds like it's time for a t-case swap.

there is alot of info at www.nagca.com

93 Grandcherokee limited V8 with lockers,lift,winch and other things

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.