Purple /black and white/ black wires behind head unit - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Purple /black and white/ black wires behind head unit

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 06-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #16
dusterdude
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scopez
Don't forget to bypass the factory amp if you have the infinity gold package!
Scopez,how and why

dusterdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 07:20 PM   #17
Mad-Duke
1997 ZJ 

My new aftermarket radio spex should handle the ohms and wattage better then the amp, now I just need to figure out the easiest way to bypass the amp

lol googling like crazy now !
Mad-Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #18
Mad-Duke
1997 ZJ 

Using the image below, I connected the Green/Red Striped to the Radio Blue/White Amp power and I can now hear sound.
However, After googling it seems like it would be best to bypass the Amp as it could cause impedance issues. Anyone know if there is a connector I could buy so I don't have to butcher my amp-side wires and splice them together?

Image Originally Posted: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/s...j-here-673244/
Mad-Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 12:49 AM   #19
Scopez
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusterdude View Post

Scopez,how and why
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Duke View Post
Using the image below, I connected the Green/Red Striped to the Radio Blue/White Amp power and I can now hear sound.
However, After googling it seems like it would be best to bypass the Amp as it could cause impedance issues. Anyone know if there is a connector I could buy so I don't have to butcher my amp-side wires and splice them together?

Image Originally Posted: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/s...j-here-673244/
Mad duke practically explained it for me.
Scopez is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.