Pulsation in overdrive - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Pulsation in overdrive

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba

Unread 05-15-2013, 03:07 PM   #16
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
i've had this same thing for 75k miles with no change in ti
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwww wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwoooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooo ooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwww wwwww
sounds like that^ no rpm change no felling in the seat, i just figured it was harmonics of the drivetrain. it makes me sleepy

your's probably is the mount. there was a TSB on the transmission mount causing a harmonic vibration at 1500rpm at highway cruising speed.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 03:16 PM   #17
tucsonzj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post

your's probably is the mount. there was a TSB on the transmission mount causing a harmonic vibration at 1500rpm at highway cruising speed.
Tsb? And would you assume same for mine?
Unread 05-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #18
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

the TSB (technical service bulletin) applies to the old longitudinal trans mount the early zj's had 93-95. i believe the fix was to update to the late style mount and crossmember.

Unread 05-15-2013, 07:52 PM   #19
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
the TSB (technical service bulletin) applies to the old longitudinal trans mount the early zj's had 93-95. i believe the fix was to update to the late style mount and crossmember.
I was going to make a new support with two longitudinal bushings spread about 6" out when I do my flat belly x member. See any issues with this?
Unread 05-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #20
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

might get more harmonic vibes that way.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.