pulling the front Bumper - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > pulling the front Bumper

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 02-02-2013, 12:52 AM   #1
papitt
1995 ZJ 

pulling the front Bumper

.. So what do we do to pull the front bumper.. and It looks like the fog lamps are hooked to the an inter structure .. So I could remove the front bumper and then after swap out the front small square factory fogs. With something that has a bite......

papitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2013, 01:05 AM   #2
vonericsen
1995 ZJ 

Remove the grill (3 screws)
The bolts for the foglight brackets are under it.
Then there are 3 black clips to remove here. (Pull the center head up then they slide right out). There are 3 of these on the bottom side where it connects near the skid/rad support too.
There are two or three clips holding the fender liner to the bumper cover to remove in the wheel wells.
Also remove the corner lights and turn signal lights since there it a spot under them holding the plastic cover in place.
Then it slides right off.

If something doesn't make sense I can take some pictures in the morning.
Unread 02-02-2013, 08:07 AM   #3
KoreaZJ
1994 ZJ 

After everything is removed, the cover will be dangling by two "fish hooks" near the ends.
Work the cover back and up a little, then forward over the hooks.

KoreaZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #4
ls1corik
1996 ZJ 

My grill is four screws? I just had it off two days ago....
ls1corik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2013, 12:19 PM   #5
dnuccio
1995 ZJ 

the process for 93-95 ZJs is different than the process for 96-98 ZJs
Unread 02-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #6
papitt
1995 ZJ 

Well I don't think I'll be removing the grill any time soon .. I've done something to my right arm .. Mostly in my colier bone area.. I lifted myself up from under either this Jeep or my Diesel Bronco this evening. I was working on both ..
Anyway there was this pop and a very sharp pain. Almost out me back on my *** . It hurts ..I'm sure it's not broke but maybe a bruised or pulled muscle. But it sure is hurting.
papitt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.