PS pressure hose working loose - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > PS pressure hose working loose

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail TJ, YJ and CJ A/T Fender Flares available @ Oconee Off-Roa*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*

Unread 02-03-2013, 01:57 AM   #1
AVR2
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

PS pressure hose working loose

A few months ago I suddenly lost power assistance on my steering just as I was pulling into the car park at work. Turned out that the pressure hose had come loose where it screws into the pump and sprayed fluid everywhere. Replaced the O-ring, tightened it back down and everything was fine.

This morning I noticed that it had started working loose again, but I caught it early this time, so I'd only lost a small amount of fluid. It's no big deal to re-tighten it every so often, but is this actually a symptom of a bigger problem that I need to deal with, or just a Jeep thing?

AVR2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #2
coralman
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Thats freaky! If the hose is in a bind maybe its putting tension on the fitting? Not much room to put it in wrong though. I'm stumped on this one.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.