Programming Key FOB - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Programming Key FOB

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 03-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
driftwood00
1995 ZJ 

Programming Key FOB

I went to the junk yard today and got a key fob from a 96 JGC will it work for my 95 and if so how do I program it? Thanks in advance.

driftwood00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #2
jmonty0523
1997 ZJ 

For multiple reasons, no.
the 93 to 95 ZJ has an sensor in the headliner near the lights, looks like a small black dome, it actually needs to see the beam sent by the remote to work.
The 96 to 98 has a sensor somewhere that just reads a transmitted signal, does not need to "see" anything.
The '96 to '98 has to be dealer programed with a really expensive scanner.

I may be wrong in my years for those, but as far as I know, that changed with changing all the other interior electronics.
(o) )-o---) ) (o) )-o---) )______
jmonty0523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2013, 07:19 PM   #3
driftwood00
1995 ZJ 

Thats what I thought. I will just get one from a 95 then. Thanks.
driftwood00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.