Problems with steering - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Problems with steering

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits

Unread 05-30-2002, 11:18 PM   #1
Jeremy

Problems with steering

I have a 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee with a command trac 2 speed part time 4wd system with shift on the fly. The other day there was road construction on my street and at both ends there was a ditch, me having a jeep figured "no problem." So i put it into 4wd part time and went through the ditch. When I came got out of the ditch it sounded like a piece of metal fell out of my car and started dragging on the floor. Now when ever I put my car into part time 4wd and try to steer I get this clickng sound kind of like there are two pieces of metal hitting each other. And when i try to make sharper turns in 4wd my car doesnt want to move. I figured it wasnt a big problem being that it is summer and im not going to be using the 4wd system that often but now i noticed that whenever I make a sharp turn i get the noise. Please help. Thank you.

Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2002, 12:45 AM   #2
Sean Johnson

that sounds like a transfer case problem
Sean Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.