Problem solver balljoints?? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Problem solver balljoints??

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-24-2011, 12:47 PM   #16
freakinheep89
1995 ZJ 

And if you do go with XRF's, when you install them there will be a large gap between the knuckle and the C's. its normal, as soon as you put weight back on them it goes away after a quick drive. kinda freaks you out though.

[QUOTE=slayercr23;12630497]How would i go about Stroking it?[/QUOTE]
freakinheep89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 12:47 PM   #17
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

and as a bonus xrf are still north american made. i'll take that over mexican and chinese.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 01:07 PM   #18
ajmorell

Google "the tire club" you can get all 4 shipped for about $106 from them. I'm about to place an order myself.
ajmorell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 01:41 PM   #19
JrMechanic
1993 ZJ 

Some of the REAL Moog stuff is still top notch quality, like the track bar I'm running for example. The design of their ball joints is a real issue, then as Rat said much of their stuff is re-boxed product they source out because they can't fill their orders.
Unread 05-24-2011, 02:14 PM   #20
3xX
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
and as a bonus xrf are still north american made. i'll take that over mexican and chinese.
This is incorrect. They are made in Taiwan.

In any case, I've installed uppers and lowers on my ZJ and they are of exceptional quality. Can't be beat, especially with the million mile warranty. These things are beefy. Check around other forums for a coupon code. I got mine online from a tire site (sorry don't remember where) that offered $10 off every order with free shipping. I placed 2 different orders, only ended up being like $80 for both uppers and lowers shipped.
Unread 05-24-2011, 07:03 PM   #21
sebian
1995 ZJ 

I recently replaced my upper/lower ball joints, tie rods, draglink, and tie rod ends, and upper/lower control arm bushings with all MOOG parts. Everything except for the CA bushings was made in the U.S. The CA bushings were Mexican made. So to say that all MOOG parts are Chinese/Taiwanese/Mexican made is not true. More then likely it depends on which parts you are ordering. Seems that the bushings are Chinese/Mexican made, BJ's and TRE's seem to all be U.S. made.

MOOG Problem Solver = modifications made to parts that make them better then OEM parts. They are not adjustable.

I have not had any issues with the MOOG parts that I have installed.

List of parts not replaced yet:
sebian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2011, 08:30 PM   #22
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3xX View Post
This is incorrect. They are made in Taiwan.

In any case, I've installed uppers and lowers on my ZJ and they are of exceptional quality. Can't be beat, especially with the million mile warranty. These things are beefy. Check around other forums for a coupon code. I got mine online from a tire site (sorry don't remember where) that offered $10 off every order with free shipping. I placed 2 different orders, only ended up being like $80 for both uppers and lowers shipped.
My d44 bj boxes say made in canada :shrug:

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2011, 08:16 AM   #23
JrMechanic
1993 ZJ 

http://carlisuspension.blogspot.com/...og-lowers.html

That's why XRF ball joints are so much better than Moog.
Unread 05-25-2011, 08:35 AM   #24
sebian
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrMechanic View Post
http://carlisuspension.blogspot.com/...og-lowers.html

That's why XRF ball joints are so much better than Moog.
I am not saying that XRF are any better or worse then Moog as I have no experience with XRF, but the forum you linked to is over a year old and referrencing Heavy Duty Ram pickups.

Personally, if I had an HD truck, I would use parts specifically designated as HD and/or stick with OEM for that application.

Having said that, I have MOOG upper and lower ball joints installed in my ZJ and have not noticed any unusual wandering or pulling since I have installed them. Maybe I got lucky with my purchase, I dunno. But I am happy with my parts.

List of parts not replaced yet:
sebian is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.