Problem with quad tail light mod? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Problem with quad tail light mod?

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 09-23-2003, 03:12 PM   #1
ecrab3

Problem with quad tail light mod?

OK, something started to happen to it. When the park lights are on, all 4 come on, but when I brake, the pass side lights both go bright, but the drivers side, only the original top light goes on. The lower one goes completely dark. It lighst back up to the lower dim setting after I release the pedal. WHat could it be?

Ok, this is what I have checked...

Changed all bulbs..duh. Nothing changed.

Changed the extra light plug....no change

Checked the wires, I didnt crimp, I soldered all of them together for faster response and max brightness....no bad connections.

Has this happeded to anyone else with the mod? Could it be a bad relay or do you think I harmed the factory wiring? Any suggestions on how to get it to work right again? I did work correctly at one time, so im not sure what changed.

TIA

eddie

ecrab3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.