Problem with my 44RE valvebody - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Problem with my 44RE valvebody

1 Ton Heavy Duty Steering Upgrade Kit. New and Improved dStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 06-19-2012, 06:31 AM   #1
MartinBDK
1996 ZJ 

Problem with my 44RE valvebody

Hi

Does any of you know, where I can find a good, cheap refurbished, or new valvebody for the 44RE transmission in my Jeep Grand Cherokee 97, 5.2 limited?
Sometimes it doesn't shift into first, and when it tries to shift into second, it makes 4-5 quick "jumps" before it engages second.. Really wierd and hard to describe, but I think its the valvebody..

See: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/d...ssion-1355589/

MartinBDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 07:26 AM   #2
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

thought you had it rebuilt? talk to the garage that did the work.

for future reference. that rocking while on the gas is the single fastest way to destroy a dodge transmission.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #3
MartinBDK
1996 ZJ 

Yeah, i had it rebuilt, but after it was rebuilt, it didn't go into first when I came to a full stop. So the mechanic told me that it was the valvebody that was the problem, but that we could try to install a new solenoid to begin with. If that didn't work, we would have to install a new valvebody. And thats where I am now..

When you say "rocking", you mean what I did the first time, when the transmission died, right? You dont mean the wierd "jumping" it does this time? Its like when I try to accelerate to hard, it just shakes, and the revs go a little up, but the car doesn't move very fast. Please don't say its the clutch again
Unread 06-19-2012, 07:50 PM   #4
ratmonkey
R.I.P.

1997 ZJ 

i mean what you did in your video. it is 100% guaranteed to destroy the transmission every single time.

ratmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2012, 12:13 AM   #5
MartinBDK
1996 ZJ 

I know that now I havent done it since

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.