Problem with internal tire pressure sensors - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Problem with internal tire pressure sensors

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-18-2004, 08:23 AM   #1
caetravlr

Problem with internal tire pressure sensors

Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you who have a late model GC Limited could help me out with this. My 2002 JGC limited has the internal tire pressure readout, and it is usually pretty accurate. However, recently I got a nail in my left rear tire, and it kept telling me that I had low pressure in the right front tire. It says in the book that after a rotation, just driving it for a few minutes, it figures out where all the tires are (this is what I remember reading, but I don't have the owner's manual handy at the moment). I was wondering if anyone else had any trouble with this, and if they had figured out what the deal was.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Brian

caetravlr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2004, 08:03 AM   #2
caetravlr

Ok, it turns out that there is a way documented in the owner's manual for this. The mechanics at the DEALERSHIP told me last time that it just learns as you drive where the tires have moved to. That is of course, crap.

The mechanic who fixed a couple of other issues under warranty for me yesterday showed me how to do it. It involves a magnet that sits with the spare tire.

Just thought that anyone curious would like an update.

Thanks,
Brian
caetravlr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.