Problem with flashers.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Problem with flashers..

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 12-08-2011, 05:06 PM   #1
divadro102
1997 ZJ 

Problem with flashers..

I'm sorry if i write a lot, but i feel it's better to state what you have to in order for better understanding. Cliff notes: New bulbs all around exterior housing; turn signals and dash board arrows don't work.

As i explained in another post, i took apart the bumper and replaced the headlamps and fog lights on my 97 ZJ. All stock. The corner lights underneath the headlamps used to work two ways, on with the headlamps and flashing with the turn signal. Some years ago they stopped working as static lights and only triggered when i hit left or right. I came to accept this as it wasn't my car at the time, but my dad's.

After putting everything back together today with the bumper, the turn signals don't work. The lights up front and back don't blink and the arrows on the dashboard don't initiate. The emergency flashers don't turn on either. All the lights work inside and out except those two front corner lights (It's the corner lights right underneath the headlamp, not the ones that lie towards the side of the headlamp), the rear turn signals and the arrows on the dash board. This also means the emergency flashers.

Couple months ago, i read that those lights up front (3454NA) were only made for this model? and that they're rare to come across? Each light is new except these because i couldn't find them. And what i mean by lights is the front fogs, headlamps, bulbs, and all the bulbs in the rear housing. Not the interior, but the insides do work properly.

I've read on this forum something about the flash trigger system behind the steering wheel, or the wires being the culprit but none that are described like mine. I replaced the fuses and two lights that never work turned on. Never knew they were lights in the first place , but still no flashing lights.

Help, please. Thanks.

divadro102 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.