problem with display after someone tried to steal it - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > problem with display after someone tried to steal it

Grizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 04-14-2011, 11:48 AM   #1
dundee23
1996 ZJ 

problem with display after someone tried to steal it

wednesday at about 3am a guy tried to jack my jeep , the alarm went off and when i came out the front door he ran off ( should have let the doberman out )...well since then my display says hood ajar and its closed. is there a way to reset or fix it. ( i have already unhooked my battery for bout 4hr and nothing),,,any suggestions

1996 jeep grand cherokee 4.0l and the 2wd and 4x4 light do not work on the display either . doors and sen. date time stuff is fine.

dundee23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2011, 12:42 PM   #2
speedbucket
1993 ZJ 

lube up your hood latch, my alarm used to go off randomly in the middle of the night. it ended up being the hood latch sticking. i never knew the hood latch was tied into the security system until i opened it after setting the alarm. i lubed it and make sure i always shut it firmly and no problems since.
how did he try to break in? or did you actually see him
Unread 04-14-2011, 02:35 PM   #3
dundee23
1996 ZJ 

yea i opened my front door and seen him peeking over the hood i grabed my night stick and he ran up my driveway and got in a beater car( i got the tag #) . i have a camera system on the way . i have had alot of stuff stolen since i bought this property. never came this close to my house before . most of the stuff was out off my workshop and boat house which is about 200yds from the house. i have a 120lb doberman so they want come in the house. i'm at a dead end road , and no neighbors for about a halfmile so its an easy target and tons of places to hide. got to get my fence up asap. i wished my wife were home then so i could chase them down but i have a newborn so couldnt leave. but i got some rock salt in my shotgun so it will burn them up lol until next time
dundee23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.