powertrax-no slip??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > powertrax-no slip???

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoRCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 03-19-2003, 06:18 PM   #1
motox77x

powertrax-no slip???

Has anyone intalled a no-slip in the rear 35c? I'm considering it for my ZJ since it supposedlly has great on/off road driving and cornering characteristics. I've heard it is very quiet and cooperative on pavement but locks solid on the trail. As a daily driver, I know, a selectable locker would be better, but I am looking for a cheaper alternative. Any help?

Unread 03-19-2003, 06:22 PM   #2
KillerZJ

Try a Lock-Rite made from PowerTrax. they are like $260 or something at www.rustysoffroad.com. But I am getting either a Lock-Rite or a No-Slip for the rear. I will let you know how it does.

Wow no pictures in sig? F*cking gay.[/FONT]
KillerZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-19-2003, 10:59 PM   #3
scubatch2

I'm also looking at the power-trax,any info would help.
95 zj 5.2,Re 4.5+3/4in spacer,456's,true-trac frt,trac-lock rear,Hanson rockers,33"MTRs,surco,hella's,high-lift,flow-masters&cat,ax&shovel mounted on rack,onboard air,231 swap,Hanson front & rear bumper,ford elec fan
- jeff-

jeep pics
scubatch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-20-2003, 09:27 PM   #4
dkreuzen

I have a No-Slip in my 96 ZJ 35c. It is not totally guiet, it clunks and bangs at slow speeds when strarting a turn with any throttle. You can feel it pull one way or the other when you accelerate going straight if it's not locked. You get used to it and learn when not to stand on the gas so you don't spin the inside tire going around a corner.
It was easy to install and works great off road. I can recommend it if you don't mind dealing with the odd handling.

Dennis
dkreuzen is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.