Power Windows wont work - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Power Windows wont work

Smittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 02-25-2003, 01:06 PM   #1
DIXIE

Power Windows wont work

Has anyone had any problems with their power windows not working? I think it is an electrical problem but I don't know where to start. All the fuses are good... Any ideas? Thanks

Unread 02-25-2003, 02:25 PM   #2
moabster
2011 WK 

Check this thread

and this one
Bullet Proof Front and Rear Bumpers and Tow bar
moabster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2003, 05:49 AM   #3
blackbelt
2008 JK Wrangler 

Another common trouble spot is the power window switch assembly.
2006 Scion xB
1987 VW Wolfsburg Cabriloet
1969 SAAB 96 V4
blackbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2003, 08:52 AM   #4
DIXIE

Thanks for the help. There were 5 cut wires in the driver side door wiring assembly. Took me an hour or two to fix but no big deal. Thanks again! DIXIE
Unread 03-05-2003, 04:10 PM   #5
pHaZe5unIt1

heres what I found inside my door loom when my windows wouldnt work...
Unread 02-26-2004, 01:21 PM   #6
acerboca

Power Window Problems

I am a new member to the JeepForum.com website, and i too am having problems with the power windows on my 94 ZJ. I can put down all of the windows from my drivers seat but no one else can put down their windows from their seat. If someone could help me that would be fantastic. Thank you again for lookin at my Post and please reply if you can help.
acerboca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2004, 03:13 PM   #7
Meerkat
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerboca
I am a new member to the JeepForum.com website, and i too am having problems with the power windows on my 94 ZJ. I can put down all of the windows from my drivers seat but no one else can put down their windows from their seat. If someone could help me that would be fantastic. Thank you again for lookin at my Post and please reply if you can help.

It sounds silly, but is the master switch locked? There is a button on the driver's panel that when pressed locks all the other switches out, so that only the driver's switch works.
Unread 02-27-2004, 07:57 PM   #8
acerboca

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvd
It sounds silly, but is the master switch locked? There is a button on the driver's panel that when pressed locks all the other switches out, so that only the driver's switch works.
I know it sounds funny but no. they dont work from any other windows only from the driver side. So if you have any tips that would really help me out. thank you for trying and lookin at my post.
acerboca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2004, 08:18 PM   #9
Stocker

Don't give up on this suggestion yet - the master switch might be bad, or the wiring at the switch could be bad. Probably worth checking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acerboca
I know it sounds funny but no. they dont work from any other windows only from the driver side. So if you have any tips that would really help me out. thank you for trying and lookin at my post.
Unread 02-28-2004, 06:49 AM   #10
madmanfrommars

Yeah I have a 94 too and the window controls keep going in and out.

I did some of my own rewiring because they dealer would charge a fourtion for labor on something like this. They work somewhat. I can control them all from my controls, and the passanger window has some difficulity but it works for the most part.
madmanfrommars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2005, 05:13 PM   #11
jmeix

power locks not working

my power locks will unlock from all doors, and remote on my 93 gcl, but will not even attempt to lock from any of those, or even make a noise. when I push the lock switch, although it doesn't lock the doors, it does turn on the alarm
jmeix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2005, 05:51 PM   #12
Stocker

Ah, an old thread brought back again from the grave!

The "unlock" circuit will be on a different wire than the "lock" circuit. Have you checked door connector as mentioned in moabster's links?
Unread 02-28-2008, 09:03 PM   #13
ro2thego35
1996 ZJ 

this happened to mine a while back

i was stuck in some mud and just stomping on the pedal haha
i ended up blowing a fuse and a lot of the electrical stuff in the car stopped working, including the windows an the locks, check your manual for the fuse that regulates these things and try changing it, if that doesnt work then i got nothing
ro2thego35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2008, 03:51 AM   #14
antjay
1996 ZJ 

my 96 zj has a similar problem,occasionaly the switch pannel on the drivers door stops working.no windows,mirror adjustment,or central locking.i can still raise or lower the windows using the individual switches on the passenger doors ,and central locking locks all doors except for the drivers door when activated by the key fob.
my auto electrician had a quick look at it when fixing an unrelated problem and couldn't find any obvious reason for the problem.
i have since been told by another zj owner that his does the same.his solution is to disconect the earth lead at the battery , and then reconect it.this apparently "fixes"the problem untill the next time.
i can't vouch for this as the problem hasn't resurfaced since i spoke to him, but it might be worth a try.
antjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2008, 09:05 AM   #15
j.love
1994 ZJ 

Good lord this is an old thread.
It's like talking to somebody threw a time machine, and if you have ever done that you know how hard that can be.
Originally Posted by ratmonkey View Post
I wouldn't drive down a driveway on that.
''If we do everything right, if we do it with absolute certainty, there's still a 30% chance we're going to get it wrong.''
Joe Biden
j.love is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.