~ Power windows and door lock issues ~ - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 08-16-2009, 06:55 PM Thread Starter
SouthSeaPirate
2001 XJ Cherokee 

~ Power windows and door lock issues ~

Ive looked throught the FAQ and other threads but my issues are not the same...

From the driver door; all windows will work just fine. Passenger front and driver rear do not work by thier local switch (passenger rear works fine). While making any of the windows go up or down the window will stop by pressing the local switch, and will continue once the switch is realeased. This proves the switches do work and so do the motors. So what is it then?

Also the locks do work. They just dont go all the way. When pressing lock you can see each one of them barely move. Before taking out the aftermarket keyless alarm the locks would work fine with the key fob. I never tried the door switch until then because I always used to fob Ive had issues like this in other cars; All I did was spray some lube inside of the door and it helped to an extent (just had to press it a couple of times and it would work). Can this just be my issue or did the aftermarket alam have something to do with it?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-19-2009, 08:50 PM Thread Starter
SouthSeaPirate
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Anyone? I know I cant be the only one with this issue. My mothers Jeep does the same thing LOL.
post #3 of 9 Old 08-19-2009, 10:23 PM
redhatman

1998 ZJ 

I dont understand the window problem exactly... If all work from the drivers door then obviously all of the motors work. If they dont work fully from the local switches, you need to replace those switches or the local wiring because the drivers->local wiring is fine.

-Pat

I am now a dealer for Iron Rock Off Road
I offer the same great products you already know about,
the same low prices you have been seeing, and with
the same experienced customer support, but I can offer it nearly 24/7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

5.9 ZJ 7" IRO, 35s, 8.8, hp30, locked, blah blah

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMARJEEP View Post
Those tires look freakin awesome Redhat... took the ZJ up a notch in my book. Now you're at notch 2.

post #4 of 9 Old 08-20-2009, 12:28 AM Thread Starter
SouthSeaPirate
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Yeah that was my thought too. I just found it odd that if you press a switch at the driver door and press the one at the window your trying to control it will stop. So it at least responds to that. See my confusion?
post #5 of 9 Old 08-20-2009, 06:11 PM
redhatman

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthSeaPirate View Post
Yeah that was my thought too. I just found it odd that if you press a switch at the driver door and press the one at the window your trying to control it will stop. So it at least responds to that. See my confusion?
Yeah I guess so. Like the switch is working but not fully. On my gas getter car (Nissan Altima) My switches all work from my drivers door except the one for the passenger window. but on the passenger door the switch will roll the window up and down. Therefore, my Drivers door switch, for my passenger door is broken.

-Pat

Quote:
Those tires look freakin awesome Redhat... took the ZJ up a notch in my book. Now you're at notch 2.
post #6 of 9 Old 08-20-2009, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
SouthSeaPirate
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Yep, semi-working. Im wondering if I could take the one known working switch and temp place it in another non-working switches place to see if I get any action. Know if the the wireing or connectors are different?
post #7 of 9 Old 08-20-2009, 08:24 PM
Ford_Prefect
1984 CJ7 

I would bet the drivers door switch is completely a different plug. The others should all match up ok. Is there a tiny little fuse, or an inline fuse in those switches? It seems like I have seen that in the past, but not sure if jeep did it or not... just a thought.

If you can read this thank a teacher; if you can read it in English, thank an Airman, Sailor, Soldier or Marine
post #8 of 9 Old 08-20-2009, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
SouthSeaPirate
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Prefect View Post
I would bet the drivers door switch is completely a different plug. The others should all match up ok.
Driver door switch Im sure is different. Luckily I still have one window that works with its local switch.
post #9 of 9 Old 08-20-2009, 10:27 PM
redhatman

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Prefect View Post
I would bet the drivers door switch is completely a different plug. The others should all match up ok. Is there a tiny little fuse, or an inline fuse in those switches? It seems like I have seen that in the past, but not sure if jeep did it or not... just a thought.
IIRC Its just a fuse for all of the windows together. Which I believe is the "Accessory" fuse. Which would in turn fuse the radio too.

-Pat

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.