Power window switch turns on ABS light, what? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Power window switch turns on ABS light, what?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 06-16-2010, 09:22 PM   #1
tommy54

Power window switch turns on ABS light, what?

I have a 94 ZJ, which had the usual driver door wire harness problem. I fixed it once with butt connectors, and when it broke again I pulled it and soldered the harness back together, replacing any wire that was too brittle to hold up much longer. I bench tested for continuity while moving the harness around and it was absolutely perfect. When I installed it in the jeep only a few windows went down, and only one would go back up. The locks don't work. If I hit the window switch for one of the windows that doesn't work, the ABS light comes on. What is that about? I thought the ABS light only came on if one of the abs sensors grounds out. Any thoughts on this?

tommy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2010, 08:01 PM   #2
ZeeJay1997
1997 ZJ 

since i do not have the diagram, all i can suggest is you check for bent pins in the connector under the dash, i'm assume you disconnected it.
ZeeJay1997 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2010, 09:44 PM   #3
tommy54

harness itself bench tests perfect for continuity on all wires, even if I move the harness around. The pins are all fine, I looked at them right away. I'm really curious about why the ABS light would come on. I can understand if there's a short somewhere, but how does that affect the ABS light? Since the harness tests fine, and there aren't any bent pins, what could be happening?
tommy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2013, 05:57 PM   #4
wtb300
1994 ZJ 

3 years and no solution. I guess I'll tinker till it burns
wtb300 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.