Power Window Switch - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Power Window Switch

Flowmaster Discount Code! Thank you JeepForum Members!!!!!Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Labor Day Sale!

Unread 04-05-2006, 12:35 PM   #1
rndthm

Power Window Switch

I have a 95 Grand Cherokee and I was needing to know exactly how to get the power window switch off of the driver side door?

rndthm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2006, 12:39 PM   #2
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

I seem to remember it having 3 torx head screws holding it to the body panel. Pull the panel - 3 phillips screws, then carefully unhook the wiring harnesses and look on the back side. 15 minutes max.
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2006, 02:15 PM   #3
rndthm

I do not see any torx head screws anywhere, but I do see some phillips head screws one in the arm rest and one below the arm rest to the back slightly, and one in the inside door handle. when I removed those I could not get the panel off am I doing something wrong or missing something?
rndthm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2006, 02:27 PM   #4
ArloGuthroJeep
Mr. Hyde!

2004 WJ 

Remove the door panel first. Take out the screws (probably 3) and then pry it away. It is held on there by probably 15 plastic clips. Expect to break a few of them Pry from the bottom so if you scratch any paint you won't see it.
Unread 04-05-2006, 08:52 PM   #5
FPKites
ZJjazzyJim

1996 ZJ 

The technical term for the plastic clips (NaturalHoosier always goes into hysterics when I say this) is "Chinga-Thingas"

Also known as "Jesus Clips", because when you break them (and you will), you always say "Jesus!"

Sorry I didn't mention those pieces of junk in my previous post - another thing I thought of on my drive home from math class.

I use a plastic ice scraper to do the prying. Works pretty good. You'll feel like you're forcing it, but it's actually pretty hard to break the interior panel material. It's fairly flexy.
Best customer service in the states:

Best mod you'll ever do on ANY vehicle!!!!

FPKites is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.