Power Window Electric Problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Power Window Electric Problem

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 12-05-2012, 06:58 PM   #1
Compgeek789
1994 ZJ 

Power Window Electric Problem

I have had this problem for some time now but I am starting to get sick of it. Ever since I had the electrical system worked on over the summer, my power windows started to act up. First, they all seemed to work fine, but when one of my passengers puts their window down, and I want to put it back up, my window switch won't make it budge until either I or they momentarily push up or down on the switch, then I can control it. Then, one main computer later, I have to leave the window lock on and everyone wants me to put their windows down or up because only my switches work. Otherwise, if I turn off the lock, all of the windows move extremely slowly, and then in a few minutes they won't move until a minute after I turn the window lock back on. This did not start until I had a mechanic work on all of the wires under the dash, and was worsened when the new computer went in. The switches were not exposed to rain. Could it be the driver switch panel has kicked the bucket, or a short somewhere in the dashboard?

Compgeek789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 09:41 AM   #2
JakeC132
1995 ZJ 

check the wires the go into the drivers door jam. there is about 20 wires in there for all the windows and locks and mirrors. I had that issue with mine and a few of the wires in there were bare and shorting each other out. they are thin wires and tend to break easy when opening and closing the doors a lot.
JakeC132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2012, 09:37 PM   #3
KoreaZJ
1994 ZJ 

Unrelated to computer. All discreet wires and switches in 94.

Perhaps either bad driver door switch or broken/shorted YL/GY wire in drivers door jam area.
Less likely is a YL/GY wire splice (from drivers to other doors) under the drivers seat.
KoreaZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2012, 09:04 AM   #4
Compgeek789
1994 ZJ 

It is a short. When I unlocked the window my volts dropped to below off levels. Thank you very much!!!!!
Compgeek789 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.