Power Steering Pump Pulley? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Power Steering Pump Pulley?

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 04-11-2012, 02:44 PM   #1
aPanzerIV
1997 ZJ 

Power Steering Pump Pulley?

Alrighty, I figured this would be the best place to go for this.

I currently have my Grand cherokee outfitted with a 6-ridge pulley on my power steering pump on a 7 ridge system. I pulled this one from a '97 5.2 ZJ in the junkyard.

We went to every single auto store within 70 miles. They all use Dorman replacement pulleys. Their 1.2" too big, and they don't fit the pumps in the first place!

Where can I find a non-Dorman pulley online or in store. I don't care if its a performance kit or a whole belt system replacement, I just need it to work.

Thanks!

aPanzerIV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #2
sebian
1995 ZJ 

I hear ya about the Dorman junk pullies. I tried one, and it was a dismal failure, especially when it shredded my belt, and cracked the mount on the new PS pump. Thankfully I still had my old pulley, and swaped that back on once I had the new pulley.

For the pulley, you can try this link. I would call them before ordering to verify it is the correct one, and that it is an OEM pully, and not another Dorman. http://moparonlineparts.com/repair-p...-s-pump-hoses/

List of parts not replaced yet:
sebian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #3
aPanzerIV
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebian View Post
I hear ya about the Dorman junk pullies. I tried one, and it was a dismal failure, especially when it shredded my belt, and cracked the mount on the new PS pump. Thankfully I still had my old pulley, and swaped that back on once I had the new pulley.

For the pulley, you can try this link. I would call them before ordering to verify it is the correct one, and that it is an OEM pully, and not another Dorman. http://moparonlineparts.com/repair-p...-s-pump-hoses/
When we bought the jeep, the serpentine belt was shredded, it destroyed the idler pulley and the power steering pulley. However I looked at the link, and I see a p/s pump and hoses, but no pulley?
Unread 04-11-2012, 06:48 PM   #4
sebian
1995 ZJ 

Link got jacked! Search the site, they do have them listed for your jeep.

List of parts not replaced yet:
sebian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-12-2012, 09:25 AM   #5
aPanzerIV
1997 ZJ 

I searched it and it came up, I'll call them later today to see if its the dorman one.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.