Power Stearing Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Power Stearing Question

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippHuge Soft top Sale

Unread 01-02-2003, 04:20 PM   #1
Slightly_Off

Power Stearing Question

Is there way to turn down the sensitivity of the power stearing. It's so light compared to all the other cars i have driven. On the highway it seems to me way too touchy.

1993 ZJ 4.0L
Slightly_Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2003, 04:43 PM   #2
automan25

I don't know of any way to "dial down" the assist on the power steering. I don't think you can. In later years the ZJ did come with variable assist power steering from the factory. Perhaps it's possible to transplant one of these units into your ZJ? BTW I'm just down the street from you, in Kenmore.
automan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2003, 05:50 PM   #3
Slightly_Off

ah yes you are, bought my jeep from a guy in kenmore. i was thinking possably by changeing the size of the pully, but as i thought about it it still would spin to make all that power at highway speeds...

1993 ZJ 4.0L
Unread 01-03-2003, 10:39 AM   #4
automan25

Why would you change the pully? What would be the advantage? I'm just curious?
automan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2003, 08:29 PM   #5
Slightly_Off

Before i thought about it more i was thinking if i slowed down the speed of the power stearing pump it Might make the assist less, thought about it more and realized it wont work. It might make the power at a stop less but it would still be spinning quite fast at hightway speeds.

1993 ZJ 4.0L

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.