Power Stearing help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Power Stearing help

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 04-22-2011, 11:55 AM   #1
Travisf90
1998 ZJ 

Power Stearing help

Well the past few days I have noticed a loud grinding sound I thought it was the water pump and found out it was the ps well I looked around at prices and there's 2 different pumps I can get one with speed proportional steering how can I tell if I have it or not there's always a revolt kit is it worth it? A new ps is 80 and rebuilt kit is 20 any help would b great

Travisf90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
lvlh3d

not sure about speed proportion,

I'm am noticing some hesitation and ps hum with the cheap $60 replacement from the auto shop.
but they mounted the pulley for me in the store and it took a half hour to drop it in.
98ZJL6
lvlh3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #3
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Speed proportional steering was only offered in the 96 limiteds. You can tell the difference because the SPS has an extra plug on the gear box.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.