Power Locks/Power Windows on Passenger Side - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Power Locks/Power Windows on Passenger Side

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 07-08-2005, 09:51 AM   #1
ccox

Power Locks/Power Windows on Passenger Side

Sorry if I'm rehashing things that have already been discussed but I'm still not 100% sure what my problem is.

Yesterday I noticed that the power windows on the passenger side did not work but the ones on the driver's side did. At the same time the power door locks quit working all together. None of the doors will lock or unlock. Then it all started working again but by the time I got home from work I had the same problem.

After reading the archives I figured it might be the wires in the door. I did a quick inspection of both doors and it didn't look like I had any broken wires. Since none of the doors will lock or unlock based on stuff I read in the archives I assume that it's not the door modules unless both of them went out at the same time. I also assume it is not the actuators for the same reason.

When I push the lock/unlock button I can hear some clicking in the doors like it is trying to work.

I wouldn't think it was a fuse since the passenger windows and the door locks are going out at the same time. Unless they are on the same fuse for some reason.

Should I investigate the door wiring further? Is there something else that I should also look into?

Thanks for any help you all might give me.

ccox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-08-2005, 09:59 AM   #2
CaliforniaJeep

Quote:
After reading the archives I figured it might be the wires in the door. I did a quick inspection of both doors and it didn't look like I had any broken wires.
I had a similiar problem on my ZJ with my passenger door's lock/window working when it wanted to. I checked the rubber boot between the door and the body where all the wires were and every thing looked fine so I took the door panal off and found that the connector that connects to the switch was loose. I popped it back into place and secured it with electrical tape and it works fine now.

Hope that helps!

-Johnny-
Unread 07-09-2005, 09:46 AM   #3
ccox

Californiajeep,

Was it just your passenger door lock that was not working or was it all the door locks? In my jeep, none of the door locks work and the passenger side windows don't work.

Mine is a 96 GC Laredo. I forgot to mention that before.
ccox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.