power issues!! VERY ANNOYING! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > power issues!! VERY ANNOYING!

JK Vent Covers - NalinMFGRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 01-04-2010, 07:25 AM   #1
Jeep2k55
2000 WJ 

power issues!! VERY ANNOYING!

Ok here's the thing...hopefully I can make this short enough so its not annoying to read. It all started like this. I had the stock alternator still in the Jeep, and a brand new battery...wasn't anything special. Fred Meyer special. Then my starter went out so I replaced it and the Jeep ran great for a few days. One morning it acted like it had a dead battery...sure enough. So I suspected it was the alternator but didnt want to blame it right away. So I spent a little money and got myself a redtop optima. Few days later again, dead battery so I bought the new alternator and put it in. Then my friend suggested I buy a ground wiring kit and install it. So I did. Now is where it gets fun. The battery guage goes up and down all over the place! When I turn on the heater it drops almost to 9. Idling at a red light it varies from full power to almost nothing, then randomely bounces back up! When I am driving it does great....then suddenly drops! Today I am removing the ground wiring kit to see if that helps me any. Any other suggestions? Any wiring issues that may be common that cause this? I am tired of chasing issues with this Jeep!

Jeep2k55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 01:01 PM   #2
ezflip
Theme Park Dinosaur Head

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep2k55 View Post
Ok here's the thing...hopefully I can make this short enough so its not annoying to read.
It was annoying to read because it was all in bold.

Anyhoo, sounds like a poor ground. I would just go over your wiring kit with a fine tooth comb.

2002 Overland - 4.7 HO, "Select-Drive", 4" RC long arms, TAG front winch bumper, 32" BFG KM's, Kolak 3" exhaust, Flowmaster 50 series

Build Thread

KCCO
ezflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2010, 04:00 PM   #3
Jeep2k55
2000 WJ 

thank you, will do
Jeep2k55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.