possible new muffler - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > possible new muffler

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 08-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #16
Kevinyj95
1995 ZJ 

Yea I have a thrush pipe on one of my rigs. But its a good part for only 45$ just incase a statey finds you. Its a 2500$ fine up here just for removing the cat. Something about smog and pollution. I don't notice ay difference in air quality coming out the tail pipe. I do notice the huge gain on the pedal. Which is why I will never use a stock cat. Im going with magnaflow only because people around here like to check everything you can imagine before giving you a sticker. Im surprised they don't want to do a colonoscopy for emissions.

Kevinyj95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #17
zturn13
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinyj95 View Post
Yea I have a thrush pipe on one of my rigs. But its a good part for only 45$ just incase a statey finds you. Its a 2500$ fine up here just for removing the cat. Something about smog and pollution. I don't notice ay difference in air quality coming out the tail pipe. I do notice the huge gain on the pedal. Which is why I will never use a stock cat. Im going with magnaflow only because people around here like to check everything you can imagine before giving you a sticker. Im surprised they don't want to do a colonoscopy for emissions.
Why did you remove the cat? Speaking of that I do need a new one lol
zturn13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #18
Kevinyj95
1995 ZJ 

mine was bad. Had to replace it. didnt have 100$ to spend on somthing that kills hp and lowwers gas milage. So I replaced it with a thrush pipe for 20$. until i could buy a highflow cat.
Unread 08-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #19
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

I ordered it today heres the link.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Flowmaster-Mu...ae0c65&vxp=mtr
xcaliber81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2013, 02:54 PM   #20
zj97ltd
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaliber81 View Post
That's what I have. 5.2 sounds great with it and it's not annoying on the highway.
zj97ltd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #21
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

So since ive lost 2-3 mpg's since ive replaced my fan clutch in just wondering will putting on this muffler net me any mpg's back assuming I upgraded my cat? or should I start another getting bad mpg's topic? lol. I mean a tank used to last 2 weeks and a half would last 1 week now half a tank will only last 3 or 4 days at the max.
Unread 08-19-2013, 07:22 PM   #22
ELMCZJ95

I had the Super 44, but I have the Cherrybomb Extreme now. I think it sounds better. I have an exhaust video in the last page of my build thread link below.
Unread 08-19-2013, 09:04 PM   #23
jeeepguy
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
mine was bad. Had to replace it. didnt have 100$ to spend on somthing that kills hp and lowwers gas milage. So I replaced it with a thrush pipe for 20$. until i could buy a highflow cat.
Sorry but this has been disproven over and over. Keep the cat and stay legal. I'm not a greenie in any way but driving a rig without a cat makes you a jerk, plain and simple.

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil"
Doug Patton
Quote:
...We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. ...I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post...
Quote:
I bought the HI-WAY BLASTER HORN that's 139dB and every time I honk the horn an Angel dies.
Quote:
Revelation 13:16-18
16 - He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17 - and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 - Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: (Real ID and RFID chips)
Think about it...
jeeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2013, 09:14 AM   #24
Kevinyj95
1995 ZJ 

lol keep drinking the koolaid. All the people that drag race and buy high flow cats must be very dissapointed lmao.
Unread 08-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #25
jeeepguy
1998 ZJ 

I didn't say anything about high flow cats (have one myself) and drag racers are a completely different thing than a street or offroad rig

"Great danger lies in the notion that we can reason with evil"
Doug Patton
Quote:
...We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. ...I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post...
Quote:
I bought the HI-WAY BLASTER HORN that's 139dB and every time I honk the horn an Angel dies.
Quote:
Revelation 13:16-18
16 - He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,
17 - and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
18 - Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: (Real ID and RFID chips)
Think about it...
jeeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2013, 09:37 AM   #26
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
lol keep drinking the koolaid. All the people that drag race and buy high flow cats must be very dissapointed lmao.
Lmao

Are you planning on drag racing your jeep?
Are you under the impression that drag cars have stock engines that don't require *constant* maintenance?
As much as he's been advising against cats, it probably won't be long before the ban hammer comes down on him.
JeepNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2013, 10:48 AM   #27
AmishFury
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
except that isn't a high flow cat... it's a fake cat... a device designed to deceive the authorities
AmishFury is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #28
xcaliber81
1994 ZJ 

So i picked up the muffler today and i just realized now my pipe is 1 7/8 lol duh my muffler is 2 1/4 oh well i can still make it work. Yay new stickers.
Unread 08-22-2013, 10:16 AM   #29
Kevinyj95
1995 ZJ 

lmao no i thought drag raceing cars had warp engines and ran on dylithium crystals.............. i dont drag my 5.2 i do my 5.9 I also use to drag my mustang. theres also test results proving the most retarded bs that isnt even true. but not having a cat is illegal for street use. The point is if its true what would be the point of getting a highflow cat..... sorry about the typos im on my kids xbox 360.
Unread 08-22-2013, 10:21 AM   #30
Kevinyj95
1995 ZJ 

man thats a tiny exhaust. I have the 5.2 mines 2.5. my flowmaster only cost $75 w/shipping.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.