Pontoon boat? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Pontoon boat?

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 05-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #16
wsigo
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagTagSoldier View Post
Lol I'll take that into account. I'll try not to bring a bad name to the zj lol it's funny because you look at this boat on the trailer and it dwarfs the zj. Saw a video yesterday of a 2 door wrangler pulling a 34 foot cabin cruiser out of the water. Pretty impressive for such a small wheelbase.
53 foot trailer dwarfs the tractor too, you know... It's all about having the weight in the right places. IE: the towing vehicle, not the trailer so much.

wsigo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 12:33 AM   #17
eagsc7
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by riot1987 View Post
What? Your not supposed to go head first?

Unless you have a hitch on the Front Bumper :P
eagsc7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 01:28 AM   #18
jabba974
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by riot1987 View Post
What? Your not supposed to go head first?

No really, ZJ brakes are notoriously underpowered. Just a heads up
It maybe a good time to invest in a snorkle kit if thats your perfered method of launching your boat...just sayin
jabba974 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-24-2013, 01:45 AM   #19
BigJohn96ZJ
1996 ZJ 

Lol go under head first then let the boat pass overhead.
Unread 05-24-2013, 05:13 AM   #20
a70eliminator

I towed the 21' Chapparal bow rider with my 95 4.0 Orvis, the trailer alone was 840 lbs and the boat with it's i/o v8 and fiberglass hull weighed I forget, but the jeep had a rough time with pulling it up the ramps in hi, low was no problem at all, the trailer had brakes that worked great. Going down the highway was ok with the wind but against wind or upgrade She chugged pretty good and once in a while downhill would get overdrive, all in all the i6 did good, not a speed demon by far but the little jeep that could.
a70eliminator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.