please help with my climate control problem with a 97' auto control - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > please help with my climate control problem with a 97' auto control

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 07-09-2013, 01:40 AM   #1
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

please help with my climate control problem with a 97' auto control

i need to figure out the heater door issue

would a resistor cause the doors to not work ? i had some issues with it going from front to defrost in the winter but now after the resistor ( from a 95' year zj ) it just dosnt respond at all

i did try to direct wire the blower to the hot wire from the one that feeds the resistor and now i have zero control over the vents , so i dont know if i screwed up the controller or if i just have a bad resistor or servos or if i need to replace the whole deal

im not getting flow from anywhere but the floor and it like its trying to get out from the motor itself

i have searched but havent seen this particular issue ( all of a sudden not working )

help please i need to get this fixed

970001zj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #2
JColee
1997 ZJ 

It sounds like you have blend door issues. I had a similar problem, that I took the ENTIRE dash out of the vehicle in hopes to resolve it, and it ended up being a small motor underneath the dash on the front passenger side of the vehicle. The motor has two phillips head screws in it, and it hard to reach. You must use a short screw driver to get it out, but this is what turned out to be my problem.

Its the motor that moves the blend door. Here is my thread.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/h...ormal-1446778/
JColee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2013, 12:39 PM   #3
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

thanks for the reply , i thought it was the servo motor but the suddenness of the no control over the vents stumped me

i will have the dash off some time soon so ill find out
Unread 07-09-2013, 05:54 PM   #4
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 970001zj View Post
thanks for the reply , i thought it was the servo motor but the suddenness of the no control over the vents stumped me

i will have the dash off some time soon so ill find out
It's possible that the AC controls are at fault as well. You can try unhooking the battery to reset them and if it works afterwards then you know it's the controls.

My cold air turned off suddenly while I was driving and I reset it and it blew cold again. Those digi auto units have poor solder like the rest of the electronics.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2013, 12:29 AM   #5
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
It's possible that the AC controls are at fault as well. You can try unhooking the battery to reset them and if it works afterwards then you know it's the controls.

My cold air turned off suddenly while I was driving and I reset it and it blew cold again. Those digi auto units have poor solder like the rest of the electronics.
i tried removing the fuse and doing the reset calibrate thing

the only thing i have yet to try is the hvac code scan which i will try tomorrow
Unread 08-20-2013, 09:49 AM   #6
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

ok so i checked the motor travel by looking under the driver side and saw the servo moving to different places when i selected vent , defrost ect. but i still dont have any air coming from my vents

any ideas
Unread 08-20-2013, 09:56 AM   #7
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

at this point i just want to manually change it to defrost and feet :
Unread 08-20-2013, 11:35 AM   #8
970001zj
1997 ZJ 

did you know that if you reverse the polarity on a vdo blower motor that it runs in reverse

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.