Please help! mechanicaly inclined jgc problem. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Please help! mechanicaly inclined jgc problem.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 03-28-2013, 05:19 AM   #1
Jeepsupreme
1994 ZJ 

Please help! mechanicaly inclined jgc problem.

Hello all! I apreciate your help. i am mechanically inclined and have rulled out the obvious. Thank you to all who view, thank you even more if you can help. i am thinking of a possible reward to who ever finds this out because its my baby. Sorry if thats against the rules this is my first post have been reading for years annd looked into this for days but all say the sam cam sensor gone crank sensor gone ground your alarm......Ive ruled that out its not the problem.

My 94 zj with 190,XXX km cranks but will not start.

i was backing up one day and my jeep just shut off didnt sputter or anything.

i was getting all kinds of funky signs and multiple fault codes. I discontected the harness cleaned it tested battery was low due to cold temrature and old. put new battery in reconected pcm and codes are gone everything powers up right cranks will not start.

In last 6 months ive replacedcrank and cam sensor, battery, plugs wires distibutor rotor, asd relay, alarm functions properly, fuel is good.

I noticed no power to coil,
Allot of oil around my starter and on starter, due to a defective oil filter that cracked and pissed oil,
on my center display it sometimes used to say rear lamp faliure but they still works assuming caused by after market lights.

My questiion is when i put a test light on coil wiring harness before coil and turn key it lights up but it gets no spark and not quite sure how to test coil what ive tried have no results.
coil shot?
could the oil on starter affect the way it cranks so it still souns right but not start?

could it be something else other then what i have listed and have changed listed above? could i have messed up replacing something?

could my pcm be fried?

when i turn key everything lights up and goes out fuel pump primes air and stereo come on turn key third click and cranks until the battery dies and it wreaks like gas.

Jeepsupreme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2013, 05:23 AM   #2
Jeepsupreme
1994 ZJ 

Also i dont think i messed anything up. i used the manual and factory genuine parts all went smoothe.
Jeepsupreme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2013, 06:07 AM   #3
Rich93ZJ
1993 ZJ 

Take a look at this post. It has a lot of info from RatMonkey on how to troubleshoot this condition.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/no-start-1479908/
Rich93ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2013, 11:48 AM   #4
JohnnyZJ
Web Wheeler

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepsupreme View Post
My questiion is when i put a test light on coil wiring harness before coil and turn key it lights up but it gets no spark and not quite sure how to test coil what ive tried have no results.
coil shot?
test light on the wire before the coil gets a signal, but it doesn't right after the coil? and there is no spark at the plugs?

that spells coil. also, a bad coil will not send a specific code saying its pooched. its rare for coils to go but they do.

i'd replace it, they cost what, 60$ at Autovalue? i'd start there. i've had a jeep just die randomly, that was the problem, and i too did the cranking issue till battery died and it reekd of fuel.

it was coil for me. it also blew up my muffler, which was kinda cool.
13' GMC Sierra ~ 2.5" lift 33" MTs.
RIP 95 ZJ ~ 33s built/longarmed/locked/awesome Feb 2014 ZJOTM winner
JohnnyZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
1994 zj , cranks and cranks , does not start

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.