Please help!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Please help!!!

TJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitGreat prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 04-04-2011, 05:08 AM   #1
JDiaz

Please help!!!

I recently bought a 97 Grand Cherokee Limited. Had high hopes and a ton of plans. I knew the motor was bad. The #3 piston broke apart. So I bouth over sized pistons, rings and had it 30 over. Bought new timing chain and gears, replaced water pump, all gaskets top and bottom, rebuilt the transmission, aven bought a new console and rear 60/40. So we go and get fresh gas and get her filled up. When I tried to crank it I got a slow whine, so I went to advance and got the starter checked. Replaced the starter....now its trying so hard to crank, but its not getting any fire. Im totally lost on this one. Help me out guys.

JDiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2011, 05:12 AM   #2
LilyBayXJ
Wheels With Moose

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Turn the ignition on and listen for the fuel pump pressurizing in the first few seconds. If you don't hear anything, it's possible that the pump is bad, or it could just be a bad relay.
1983 CJ-5 - Stock - Sold
TJ Boot Camp
LilyBayXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 04:49 AM   #3
JDiaz

I pulled the fuel line to check for duel and I am getting it. It took about 10 turns and I filled up a quart. Its also building pressure so I dont think its the pump. However the pump doesnt sound real strong though. Hard to tell with all those dings though when I turn it on. What relays would you advise checking?
JDiaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 07:51 AM   #4
HighLonesome
Belief In All Things Jeep

1995 ZJ 

Did you follow these steps when putting her back together?
http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=457128
HighLonesome is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.