Plasti Dipping Cladding? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Plasti Dipping Cladding?

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-13-2013, 11:22 AM   #1
martymars

Plasti Dipping Cladding?

Anybody here Plati Dip the cladding on their ZJ? Did it bond well? I searched a few threads and there isn't much info on cladding. Mostly about rims. Plan on dipping the lower half of the GC.

Thanks

martymars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 12:41 PM   #2
TeamMC
1996 ZJ 

I haven't seen anyone plasti dip the cladding. But I did have a friend plasti dip his front grill on his Audi and the plasti dip only stuck to the emblem. The rain pretty much took it off the plastic grill part.

I painted mine with no problems and still looks like it did when I first painted it. (did it about a year ago)

But you can try a spot and see how it holds up.
TeamMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 01:37 PM   #3
NinetySevenZJay
1996 ZJ 

you can do it to see how it looks but don't expect it to last forever. mud will stain it and its a pain to clean because it will peel if you scrub it. I would say just rattle can it or use bed liner. plenty of pics of what this looks like if you search
NinetySevenZJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 02:35 PM   #4
Deadeye1445

1995 ZJ 

I haven't plasti-dipped the cladding, but I have dipped the moulding strip that runs around my Jeep. Its held up great for a year now. Not sure about dipping that large of an area though.
Deadeye1445 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #5
McHiVeSlY637
1993 ZJ 

I have done it to my cladding .. It looked nice but like everyone else has said it stains and peels bad i would rattle can it.i just redid it with spray paint and it looks awesome now
McHiVeSlY637 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2013, 03:49 PM   #6
JacoToTheB
1997 ZJ 

I painted mine with bed liner but everything else I've used plasti dip on (plastic like the cladding) has peeled. Maybe if you prepped it somehow first such as light sanding.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/my-jeep-build-infamous-f150-coils-1767489/
JacoToTheB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2013, 09:00 AM   #7
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

My buddy plastidipped his cladding, I wouldn't suggest it though if you ever take your jeep offroad. He did and it all came off. A lotta people bedline it.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.