Pinion bearing replacement - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Pinion bearing replacement

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 01-07-2006, 01:17 PM   #1
jmaley

Pinion bearing replacement

Hello groupies, I got a 99 WJ I6 4WD Laredo, for the past week I noticed a sound like brake grinding from the rear. I check the brake system and found nothing wrong or any indications of grinding. I've read through 99% of the posts on bearing replacement and was wondering, do both pinion bearings have to be replaced or is it usually the outer bearing that goes bad. I'm asking because if I have to have both replaced the I'll be without a ride for at lease a week after I find a shop to do it, if it's just the outer bearing then I'd tackel that myself.

Thanks

jmaley is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.