Pics from today... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Pics from today...

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 07-11-2003, 03:04 PM   #1
KillerZJ

Pics from today...

Wow no pictures in sig? F*cking gay.[/FONT]
KillerZJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2003, 03:05 PM   #2
KillerZJ

That is ClemsonXJ's over here in the XJ forum.

Unread 07-11-2003, 09:38 PM   #3
clemsonxj

damn, that's a good lookin xj
Unread 07-12-2003, 07:14 AM   #4
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

Killer,

you need rocker protection and some tow hooks. The cables look like they would do a lot of damage to your jeep if you were pulled from an angle.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2003, 10:45 AM   #5
clemsonxj

you cant put tow hooks on the unibody like the ones on wranglers, but those hooks are very strong, and the cable as well. It had no problem pulling out my brother's bronco when it was stuck in some goop, so i think they are pretty strong. (I believe that cable is actually winch wire? am i right killer?)
Unread 07-12-2003, 11:57 AM   #6
Texas ZJ1
Jeep Jedi Master

1994 ZJ 

To put the tow hooks on the unibody, jeep had specific brackets made for this. I had them before the ARB.

It looks like the cable would bend the end of the uniframe rails causing damage if pulled from an angle.

Hunter

94 5.9 Laredo 6.5 RE lift with 35 Maxxis Bighorns
and 33 Bridgestone Duelers
Detroit and true trac
Red Jeep Club Member
REDNECK JCM
Texas Jeep Owner #6
USN Jeep Club #4
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/

For your performance needs:

kolak@kolakperformance.com
Texas ZJ1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2003, 12:00 PM   #7
Beerman

Quote:
Originally posted by Texas ZJ1
To put the tow hooks on the unibody, jeep had specific brackets made for this. I had them before the ARB.

It looks like the cable would bend the end of the uniframe rails causing damage if pulled from an angle.

Hunter

Yea what he said
Unread 07-12-2003, 04:41 PM   #8
KillerZJ

Quote:
Originally posted by Texas ZJ1

Hunter
you guys would be suprised. I have towed from angles and I was worried, but no damage was done. They did also pull a full size bronco out of some crappy mud, like Clemsonxj said. They are sweet for only 20 bucks. The rocker protection would be a good idea. They are on the way.

Unread 07-15-2003, 12:22 PM   #9
jeepguru

Yeah his tow hooks are pretty beefy they pulled me out of a hole at hush hole, but every so often they will make his bumper fall off but then it reveals the swampthing sticker so its all gravy.
Unread 07-15-2003, 10:18 PM   #10
Camster

as for the tow hooks it's not the bending of the unibody i'd be worried about. what will happen over time is a kink will develop in the wire where it is always bending through the hole in the unibody that it passes through. a kink in a wire, live a rope, severely weakens it because it causes only one side, the side that has been streched to go around the bend to take all the weight. now if you ever yank some pretty hard or even wrose happen to suddenly jerk the line it might break, turning it into quite a deadly weapon.

i work in technical theater as a carpenter, stagehand, ect. we use aircraft cable (that's what the wire is called) to fly senery all the time. we use special preformed loops that the wire wraps around to make a gradual turn and not a kink.

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/davidpage/Camsjeep.html]My Jeep[/url]
Camster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2003, 11:32 AM   #11
KillerZJ

Quote:
Originally posted by jeepguru
Yeah his tow hooks are pretty beefy they pulled me out of a hole at hush hole, but every so often they will make his bumper fall off but then it reveals the swampthing sticker so its all gravy.
haha. yea. I've just started to take my bumper off from now on when I'm offroad. Whatsup Bake? havent seen you on here much.

Unread 07-17-2003, 03:53 PM   #12
thunderchooch
1997 ZJ 

Where are you guys wheelin' at in those pics?
Kevinz Radiator support and shackles, Tom Woods driveshafts, OME SD-40 steering stabilizer, Cobra CB and PA, Bilstein Shocks, 35" BFG MUD TA KM2's, FM50, Surco Roof Rack, IRO Heavy Duty Steering and more to come soon!!
thunderchooch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-17-2003, 09:02 PM   #13
clemsonxj

we're in upstate sc, in greenville, so if you live in beaufort as indicated, you're a long ways away from us.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.