Permatex “The Right Stuff” - anyone experienced with? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Grand Cherokee & Commander Forums > ZJ Grand Cherokee Forum > Permatex “The Right Stuff” - anyone experienced with?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 12-30-2003, 09:32 PM   #1
SBrudzinsky

Permatex “The Right Stuff” - anyone experienced with?

Hi,
Did anyone use Permatex “The Right Stuff” as a differential sealant (gasket maker)? I'd like to ask you a few questions.

1. Bsed on your own experience - how long after applyign on the cover's surface should I wait before place back the cover onto the diff's housing?

2. How long you let covers sit for (in minutes or hours) before you start adding the gear lube?

3. After the whole process done, how long should I wait before I can return to driving?

Thank you very much in advance for your thoughts!

Unread 12-30-2003, 10:53 PM   #2
AprilzWarrior

OK.
1. Apply the goo on the housing approx 1/4" thick (No Gasket) Dont wait just throw the cover up there and start 2 bolts, I go top and bottom then the rest.
2. By the time you get all the bolts in and torqued, you can add lube.
3. Go get some (no wait time).

I only run the Black FYI, its also Sensor safe so go crazy !

AW
AprilzWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2003, 12:17 PM   #3
SBrudzinsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilzWarrior
OK.
1. Apply the goo on the housing approx 1/4" thick (No Gasket) .....
AprilzWarrior,
Thanks for your response and comments.
The only question is - Are you sure I need to apply the goo on the housing? Why not on cover?
Just curious ...

Thank you so much again!
Happy New Year!!!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.